Pilot Club Manual
One of the benefits of being a Pilot Club member is the ability to publish your own videos and photographs on the flitelevel.tv website.
- The first step, of course, is registering with the Pilot Club. At
http://www.flitelevel.tv/pilot-club you will find a link to our sign up form on the right. In addition to the standard fields, you will be asked for your pilot’s license type and number. Only licensed pilots - including RC pilots - can register. We will validate your data and inform you via Email as soon as your membership is approved.
- Once registered you can log in on the pilot club page and start managing your content.
- As soon as you log in you will a link to the content management console on the right hand side.
- Here you will find a list of the shows in which you can upload content. At the moment, this is limited to the pilot club show for the majority of our users.
- To add new content click on the add content button on the right. Now you can select if you want to add a video or create a new photo gallery.
- To create a new photo gallery click on the add button on the "Add a gallery to show" row.
- A new dialog will open where you have to fill in the title, description and keywords of your new gallery. If you want you can add a German translation of your text. Now click save.
- Once you save the gallery information a new field will be displayed that will allow you to upload photos. To upload one photo click on the Browse... or Choose File button and select an image from your local hard disk.
Images have to be in JPEG format and between one and two megapixels.
- After you select an image you can click on the upload button to upload it, or if you want to upload more images you can click on the more button.
- If you want to upload several images at once you have to store them in a compressed zip file. On the pilot club page you will find a video with detailed information on how to do this.
You can upload up to 24 images per gallery.
- You can add a short description to your uploaded images by typing in the text field to the right of the photograph, and clicking save descriptions
- If you want to delete a photograph select the checkbox in its upper left corner and press
delete selected images. Be careful as all selected images will be removed from your gallery!
- When your gallery is ready to be published click on the Back to My Content button and check the "active" box next to your new gallery’s title and click save.
- The first step to publishing a video is preparing your media. The video has to be in AVI, WMV, MP4 or MOV format and be encoded with one of the standard windows video codecs. You can find a full list of the supported codecs on the flitelevel.tv website. If you don’t know what a codec is you are probably OK. The video should have a resolution of at least 854 x 480 pixels and be in 16/9 format.The video can have a maximum size of 300MB.
- Additionally you need to prepare an image to use as representation of your video in JPEG format. This image will usually be a screenshot of the video.
- Once you have all media ready click the add content button on the My Content page and then click on "Add a video to show".
- Fill the fields for the title and description. Optionally, you can also enter information in German.
- Select your image and video files by clicking on the corresponding buttons.
- After you are done uploading, our servers will prepare your video for playback on the flitelevel.tv website. This process may take up to several hours depending on usage. Once the process is finished you will receive an Email that will inform you that your video is ready to be watched.
- To guarantee that all videos fulfill the quality and legal requirements of our website, flitelevel.tv personnel have to review all video material before publishing it. Once the review process has been completed successfully your video will automatically go automatically.
If you have any questions you can contact us at email@example.com. Additionally, after successful registration you will find a screen cast with detailed explanation of all these processes at www.flitelevel.tv/pilot-club. We are looking forward to your stories and adventures!
Welcome to FliteLevel.TV